Monday, February 2, 2009

Natural Selection


More and more you hear about the "poor Americans" loosing their homes, their jobs, and in my case, their minds. 

I 'm sorry, I just can't have a lot of sympathy for some of these clowns I see on the state-side news moaning and groaning about how their $40k per year income won't allow them to make payments on the $450k house they bought on a teaser mortgage rate four years ago.  It's everyone's fault but theirs. 

To make matters even more worthy of a double dose of Pepto-bismol, the latest trend seems to be to buy a second home before your first home gets foreclosed on, then you just simply let the more expensive home that you couldn't afford in the first place go back to the bank, and let the rest of us pay for your mistake.   And when I say the "rest of us" I'm not just referring to U.S. citizens. People all over the world are suffering for America's opulence.  

Americans need to stop living beyond their means. 

Recognize your place in the circle and live to that standard. If you don't like where life is keeping you, change it.  Work harder, study, do whatever it takes to improve your situation using your own resources.  I'm sorry, but some people were just meant to live in trailer parks. Detroit has the highest percentage of home foreclosures?  Could it be that they also have the highest percentage of dumb fuckers too?  I don't understand how a high school equivalency exam leads to a professional wage for installing rubber thingys on the brake pedals of GM products.  These fuckers make more than college professors. 

That's no bullshit, I looked it up. 

I used to joke with my scuba classes about some really stupid diving accidents we'd review as part of the  "don't let this happen to you" segment of my dive certification class.  I'd refer to the results of these accidents as examples of natural selection.  Maybe some dude teaching scuba in 2050 will use the United States as an example of natural selection.  




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scorchingly good blog entry!

Martin said...

I must add that there actually are plentiful of overpaid idiots all over the world. I´m sure they are costing everyone alot of money and frustration too ;-)